In 2008 Hayle Community Archive opened at the Grade II* listed Brewery Office on Sea Lane. This historic building was once home to the thriving business C. Ellis & Son, founded in 1835, which went on to become to St. Austell Brewery.
The building was rescued from collapse through a partnership between Harvey's Foundry Trust, Penwith District Council and Paul Stevens, with a generous grant from the Hayle Townscape Heritage Initiative, and now offers an invaluable community resource. The archive collects and cares for documents and photographs relating to Hayle in a user friendly environment, allowing the material to be viewed by the general public.
Research support is provided by a team of trained volunteers and copies of material can be purchased.
Hayle Community Archive is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am until 1pm.
To find out more, visit the archive website or email the volunteers on email@example.com. Alternatively, call on 01736 753962 or visit in person at:
The Old Brewery Office
1 Sea Lane